Zoom Summary and Instructions
Please read this. In order to book on the course, you have indicated that you have read, understand and agree to what is written here.
- You are responsible for your own understanding of how Zoom works, getting it installed, using it correctly.
- I am not technical support. I can barely get my own IT sorted without suffering a brain hemorrhage, so I’m not going to get involved in yours, I swear too much already.
- It doesn’t matter if you think a different system is better. We are using Zoom, regardless of whether you like it or not. Sorry about that.
- If you don’t test your system in advance, haven’t tested your login and access and then send me a message minutes before, or just after we begin, then you will not get a reply. Obviously, because I’ll be busy teaching. And I’ll be teaching brilliantly without you interrupting me.
- You have plenty of time to get your system up and running, read the instructions, and watch the tutorial videos for Zoom. Any participant who fails to do this will not get my sympathy.
- When I screw it up, of course, I expect complete sympathy, patience, and understanding. This is the trainer’s privilege.
We will do a meeting two or three days prior to the first tutorial session so we can all test out the different aspects of using Zoom and get familiar with its quirks and utilities.
Now, of course, much is in the laps of the internet gods. In the event of my losing a connection, I do have a backup with thanks to the lovely Kathy, my elderly next-door neighbour. In the unlikely, but entirely possible, event of a session/s being canceled for any technical reasons, powercut, health reason or whatever, we’ll reschedule that meeting at the first available opportunity.